15/02/2008

The joys of screaming in a car...

... is it gone now?

I foraged a bit through my cousin's blog farm and found that everyone had something to say about Valentine's day. (I was like, oh yeah!)
I always tend to forget that particular significance of the 14th of february, for the simple reason that it's MOM'S BIRTHDAY first and foremost... On the other hand, Val's Day is no biggie in Sweden. I just read a poll that said:

Q: What's your view of Valentine's Day?

A: It's fabulous. I'm a big fan : 10%
It's ok. I do what's expected of me : 27%
It's a load of nonsense best ignored: 63%

(www. thelocal.se)

Huh.

Not sure what my dad would answer, seeing as he 'kidnapped' mom yesterday on a surprise long-weekend to Palma de Mallorca (which earned him plenty of Romeo points in my esteem, but Mom was as usual very pragmatic abt the whole thing... Anyway, go dad!). The downside was that since they're letting me borrow the car while they're gone, I have to fetch them from the airport at midnight (oh c'mon!) on Sunday. T'will not do wonders for my getting-to-work-on-monday-discipline... But hey. My father is le grand sweetheart of the week. :) In fact, perhaps I ought to be proud of being involved in the grand finale of such a noble romantic scheme...

At any rate, I spent V day driving in the blaring sunshine to Trollhättan (a nearby town) to hold a lecture for a bunch of SAAB engineers, and true to my tendencies I sang very loudly in the car the whole way over and the whole way back. I sound aaawful when I try to belt 'Little Green Bag', but I need to master the technique for a show in April... (yeeesh). Lucky thing I'm supposed to play a drunk middle-aged man... (Anyone got questions on that...? ;)

On a funny note - I got mistaken the other day for the mother of a BLOND 3-year-old running amok in a hi-fi-store. So a word to make you wise - watch what kind of strange children you pull funny faces at to pass time in a store. You may wind up with assumed parental responsibility. (I just pointed at my head and said that no, I lacked the genetics to produce such offspring...)

PS:
Nico; VD is, sadly, also the swedish acronym equivalent of CEO, so a lot of my countrymen of high professional ranking have made the mistake of introducing themselves as... such...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's what, please.

Les visiteurs du monde

free counters

Feel free to leave a comment just about anywhere. Carry on.