24/07/2007

All shook up (Kenya)

I have just started my 4th day in Kenya.

Helen and Onno have taken fantastically good care of me, and jump-started the trip by taking me to Amboseli game ark for my first-ever safari. We drove for hours on sand roads that had been so ruffled by the wind that the whole car shook like it was trying to collapse. I have some hip bruises from the repeated beating of the belt buckle, so it was quite an adventure... ;)
But never mind all that - the whole thing was spectacular. The animals were very active, the landscape was beautiful, and with Kilimanjaro in the background... This was the first time in a long long time I have been so happy about getting up at dawn - it was so worth it to see a swaying giraffe posing in the warm light in front of the majestic Kili.
I just have to warn everyone back home about the myyyyyriaaaaads of animal pictures I will be showing... ;) If anyone ever needs an image of a fuzzy baby zebra, I got it!

I'll just hint at some stories I can tell from here when I get home. If anyone wants details, just ask and of course I'll oblige ;)




- Why the first thing I did in Nairobi was go to Tokyo
- The Amboseli vibration treatment
- What a giraffe's tongue feels like
- The obscene elephant
- Why the hyena says "Hawoop" and why you should ignore it
- The Maasai camera man
- The elephant who was a road hog
- How Chile's government gave the U.N. the finger (literally)
- The weirdest margarine campaign in the world

PS: As it turns out, it didn't snow in Nairobi last friday, at least not in downtown. Actually, it gets a bit cold at night, but there is really no difference to swedish summer, only it doesn't rain. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cessie
    Great to read about your where-abouts - and to see the pic´s at the same time! Keep us posted as often as you can. Pof and Pernilla visited yesterday and they looked at your blog too - impressed!
    Love Mom and Dad (at CeRo) incl Robert and Pinang

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's what, please.

Les visiteurs du monde

free counters

Feel free to leave a comment just about anywhere. Carry on.