Fri 29/6
11.25:
I am running like a nut through Nordstan shopping centre with 2 minutes left till my train for Malmö/Copenhagen leaves.
16.35:
I am walking down Østerbrogade with my backpack and sleeping bag a-swingin', and manage to get lost on the way to Anna and Lars' apartment.
16:36:
Drunken danish high school graduates in red and white caps speed past me on open trucks, hooting, yelling and singing loudly whilst apparently having picnics. I call Anna, ask 4 different people for directions and walk in a spiral until I find her apartment.
16:59:
I am shrugging into my blue-white-green mosaic-patterned dress. It has a dark turquoise sash, and I discover that I can tie a half Windsor necktie knot behind my back. But it looks ridiculous, so no-one gets to see the proof of this useful talent. Hmpf.
21.41:
The conversational noise in the dining room at Nordisk Kollegium (NoKo) is deafening. We are 80 dinner guests and the walls have wooden panels. Any acoustician would have cried. I am having a deep conversation about life choices and delicious food with my long-lost (swedish) acquaintance Jojo, at Anna's, Mia's and Bea's graduation dinner party.
23:12:
We agree that the Danish people sing decidedly more off-key than the Swedes.
01:00:
The drinks in the bar are on the house! Anna's brother Erik and I occasionally take arty-farty photos of guests, disco balls, beer bottles and such.
03:33:
Much to Erik's concern, I am walking in the rain on the streets of Copenhagen with no shoes on. I see no point in wearing my green jeweled flip-flops to fail dismally at protecting my feet from the voracious puddles of water. I am no drier for their involvement, so off they come. We change the subject to the difficulties of singing harmonies to songs.
03/07/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what's what, please.