03/07/2007

Copenhagen, Malmö and Ru, part II

Sat 30/6

11:35:
Brunch at Anna's flat in Copenhagen with her family, Anna herself, and Lars. Everyone is *tired*. Anna’s camera is temporarily missing, so Lars heroically goes back to NoKo and finds it, abandoned on top of a beer fridge. The Sellgrens (Anna’s family) offer me a ride to Malmö in their car, while a relieved Anna smiles and flips through the pictures from last night.

15:40:
Traffic jam in Copenhagen. Takes an hour to get our of town. Anna’s dad and Erik ain’t too happy.

16:12:
I am lost in Malmö, trying to find Drottningtorget. Luckily, I find a guy on the street who doesn’t give me directions, but tells me to follow him there. Great.

16:25:
At a distance, I approach Eva, Jenny and Maria, who are waiting for me outside an ice-cream parlour called Dolce Sicilia. At a distance they don’t recognize me because a) I am accompanied by a man (?), and b) they can’t see my massive backpack. I quietly ponder the fact that the absence of male company is a quality by which I am identifiable to friends. ;)

17:46:
I find my favourite location on Lilla Torget in Malmö:


20:05:
Eva, Jen and I are ordering food at a restaurant called Tempo at Möllevångstorget.

21:55:
I order 4 cl of chartreuse from the liqueur list, mostly out of curiosity (and because it’s green). The waiter sits down and gives me a warning lecture, beginning with “OK, not many people order this stuff…”. I order it anyway.

I like it! And conclude that I have the taste buds of an 80-year old lady. Next time, I’ll order it without ice.

01:24:
We are drinking Che Guevaras and other latino things at Cuba Café, reunited with our long-lost classmate Rasmus, who is sporting a red-and-black dog-tooth-patterned cycling shirt. We talk about dress codes at our jobs and the meaning of the word 'metrosexual'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's what, please.

Les visiteurs du monde

free counters

Feel free to leave a comment just about anywhere. Carry on.