29/08/2008

September fever

How am I going to get through this coming month alive? and more importantly, WHY am I not panicking about it yet? With all the facts staring me in the face, things are not looking hunky-dory.

The scenario is as follows:

1) Yours truly has, on a self-proclaimed deadline, decided that the thing to which I am currently married - i.e., my Licentiate degree thesis - shall be completed in some sort of pristine state on September 26th (the first complete draft, that is).

2) Theses of this nature need to include at least 2 VERY robust scientific journal articles, of which no. 2 is not yet completed (working on it NOW)

3) Yours truly's dad is turning 60 next week (celebrations are due both on the actual day and on the friday, involving a significant bash).

4) Yours truly's got a friend who has a Bachelorette Party that same weekend. In another city. Involving a weekend trip.

5) And speaking of bachelorettes, the next weekend involves yet another weekend trip - to another town entirely, this time for a wedding!

6) Amidst all this, the heaviest PhD course I have ever had (and by far the best, mind you) wraps up on Dad's birthday with a seminar exam.

Um, so why am I not panicking?

(...)

Oh, wait, now I feel it coming.

(...***)

Aaaaaaagh.

(***!!!)

(This was probably a good thing to write down. Yay! Panic time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's what, please.

Les visiteurs du monde

free counters

Feel free to leave a comment just about anywhere. Carry on.