I am lucky to have one colleague - out of the many who are very supportive of my last stretch of PhD thesis writing, who say "Go go go" to me on Facebook - who keeps telling me "No, honey, no! Don't forget to live!!" She's newly defended herself, and I'm sure she speaks from a place of wisdom.
It's a little bit crazy trying to voluntarily put your brain through double-ish workshifts every day and night to meet your life's biggest deadline (my schedule looks like this: Get to work at 10 am, "warm up" brain until lunchtime, then work like crazy until 6 or 7 pm, go home to eat, continue working until about 2am, go to sleep. No time to rinse, just repeat.)
But in a funny way, I'm still not stressed even though I have a little less than two weeks left. I'm inching my way towards that there completed thesis, in some kind of emotional good health.
Home for dinner now before the next work shift.
I'll be so in love with normalcy once this stage is over. Looking forward to it.
14/02/2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what's what, please.