In THIS room:
Not that I want to complain, but... There are NO windows. Can you blame me for getting a bit loopy sitting in there?
I was a sentimental mess for a fewdays before finally snapping out of feeling sorry for myself. I figured I needed to 'get a life' here. It was high time to develop some new habits. So I started...
- Exploring the city with Angelo (my camera).
- Cooking dinner with my housemates every night.
- Making said meals very late and hanging out in the kitchen talking w/ les girls until VERY late every night.
- Frequenting the Bulldog café near work, which features barrista Drew who plays Marlene Dietrich records in the morning and is grumpy but charmingly so.
- Biking 6,2 km (short route) or 8 km (scenic lakeshore route) to work daily!
- Going to Roller Derby bouts (yaaaahhh!!!)
- Skyping home frequently
- Skyping with red wine and Daniel (very successful idea, highly recommended!)
- Taking tap-dancing classes once a week since yesterday, with this dude (who's a great guy, and a whiz at marketing himself) ;)
- Taking bike-repair classes (!) starting tomorrow night... (EDIT: this didn't happen as the class was full, but maybe I'll get on the bandwagon in september...)
So there we go. I figure I'm well on the way to distracting myself fully. Actually, geez. I should maybe curb my enthusiasm a bit :)
Unless anyone has even more suggestions? (Putting my head in more than one guilloutine is what makes life exciting...)
-
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what's what, please.