28/06/2009

Friendly neighbour and distillery expedition

Every once in a while our porch is visited by this local character.


I like to call him (her?) chairman Maou, since he frequently implies that this is his name. I have never met a cat with such a very deep voice. Despite the lanky frame, this may very well be the Barry White of cats. Also, he is the most cross-eyed cat I've ever seen. I like him.


Chairman Maou is pretty chill...

...until he gets to display his passion for shoes.

In other news, I failed to go to my tap class today because I couldn't find the place (the studio just moved locations). Instead, I spent the afternoon exploring the St. Lawrence Market (emerging with cookie cutters, smoked gruyère cheese and olives) and the Distillery District (emerging with tons of photos).

I have discovered that I am developing a guilty pleasure/hobby of following wedding parties around whenever I spot them, trying to take candid photographs of them in stealth. I have 'captured' three couples so far, two of them today. It's good practice, and if they're moving around town in the first place I consider them fair game ;). I try to be respectful, but at the same time... I don't ask. I'm not really sure whether this has any ethics aspects to it, but I guess it beats photographing 'skanks' for sport (as D and I once discussed...) ;)

Tomorrow, church and then off to town to check out the Pride parade. Some might call that hypocritical, but I know why I go to both places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's what, please.

Les visiteurs du monde

free counters

Feel free to leave a comment just about anywhere. Carry on.