
Friday night made me absolutely certain that euphoria and weightlessness can in fact be achieved on Earth in this lifetime...
GOGOL BORDELLO in concert, Chalmers
Super Taranta! Tour



The concert was the greatest and maddest party in the world - absolute mayhem, majestic and unstoppable fun and I loved every second! The whole audience (as far as I could see) was one giant mosh pit, and the band were exactly as crrrrazy as one could ever hope for (lots of striped tights, neon lights, gypsy beards, funny hats and bare abs...). They had us dancing exuberantly/incessantly/madly for 1 1/2 hours straight, I believe (no, I never looked at my watch). GB use accordion, violins, electric guitars, drums and two crazy background singers and are fronted by a lead singer/guitarist with what can only be called a very festive moustache. GB carry practically no ballads in their arsenal of instant-party-inducing music, so I think I spent more time airborne than on the ground... :) *euphoric, still...* And if any band can make you start wearing purple, they are IT.

The list of injuries afterwards:
Universal PAIN everywhere (worth it! worth it! :)
Blisters from my shoes (apparently too loose for the jump session)
A busted seam on those same shoes...
One flower-shaped (!) bruise from the repeated beatings my sternum took from a flower-shaped medallion necklace...
A direct and insatiable craving to see them AGAIN :)
---------------
As it happens, I have escaped to Stockholm, and am sitting in Jenny and Hans' flat... I spent yesterday with GB in my headphones and cruising the streets of Sthlm with a highlighted sense of reality (in neon and a bit speeded, admittedly).
To change gears - or in fact, CARS, entirely... Another concert of a different caliber awaits me tonight. Nightwish. (?)
So for the sake of preparation, maybe I should shuffle off this euphoric coil (?) and start getting into the symphonic opera-rock-state of mind...? Eller?
NAAAH! Later! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what's what, please.