22/08/2007

What's my age again...?

.
I have decided to write a very scientific post to highlight an interesting discovery from two nights ago:

The other day, the thought struck me as follows: eight (8) years ago, I was eighteen (18). This automatically implied that today, I am twenty-six (26).

Simple addition by two years allowed me to predict that in two years' time, when I am twenty-eight, it would therefore be ten years ago that I was twenty years old.

BUT - according to the previous sentence, this means that in two years' time, I ought to be thirty...

So if I'm supposed to be 30 by the time I'm 28...
Sheesh, no wonder my generation is so stressed about our age.

(Once I had spelled this out for myself, I finally realized how this doesn't work out, which was a huge relief. But I will sacrifice my mathematical dignity so everyone can laugh at my temporary lack of logic, which actually kept me a bit sleepless the other night... ;)

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's what, please.

Les visiteurs du monde

free counters

Feel free to leave a comment just about anywhere. Carry on.