
Friday-Saturday I went to see Way Out West , the festival with the most gorgeous logotype I've ever seen and an extremely impressive lineup of artists! It was a first for me, complete with mud, earplugs and rubber boots... And about time too, seeing as festival:ing is a compulsory passage of rite (?) if you're swedish.
WOW ended for me at 4-ish last night when I went clubbing with some friends... By which time I had been accosted at one club by a beefy gentleman and felt considerable fear, until it turned out that it was an old high-school friend who has quintupled in size (and all the additions happened to be muscles...) since! It was a happy reunion, but I'm afraid I kind of snubbed him first because I didn't recognize him... really sorry, Pete! A girl's gotta watch out...
Just wanted to post some photos, and say yep - WOW was absolutely super! :) (but my back has aged 34 years from all the bouncing up and down with an overloaded hip bag...) For the benefit of all who want to listen to samples, I have made myspace-links from all the artists/bands I saw (or caught a glimpse of) in the lists below. Greens signify the better concerts, IMO :), and images are clickable:
FRIDAY: Hello Saferide, Laleh, Albert Hammond Jr, Hellacopters, The Go! Team, Lady Sovereign, Manu Chao, The Pogues

SATURDAY: Florence Valentin, Shout Out Louds, Moneybrother, Regina Spektor, Erykah Badu, Timo Räsänen, Säkert!, Kanye West

(To be specific: yaaaay to The Go! Team, Shout Out Louds, Regina Spektor and Laleh!)
The experience has given me something to ease my mind with at a rough time... I've had a lot to think about recently, since I've gotten into a nasty fall-out situation with two different close friends (independently of each other). It's been on my mind continually lately, and in the one case I'm sad and feel guilty, but in the other I feel wronged and am actually furious (The Prodigy matches my current mood...). It's so strange, or maybe not, that this should happen simultaneously. Aaargh... I'm working on it. Hope it ends up for the better.
'Til then, thanks everyone who's hugged, listened and supported me lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Tell me what's what, please.