The mention of an 'angry note' brings a wry smile to the faces of most Swedish people whenever it pops up in conversation. In fact, whenever someone is genuinely annoyed about something, all you have to do is suggest that "perhaps you should write an angry note" - invariably your conversation partner will break into a mischievous smile. But the angry note should'nt be belittled - it is a valuable outlet, a veritable steam vent for the Swede who feels silently oppressed by the objectionable behaviour and neglect of others. It is a manifestation of how far passive aggressiveness is allowed to go in this country before it becomes active aggression - and hear you me, nothing is more satisfying and cathartic than this channeled fury that breaks free from its bonds and rushes into the real word in all its disproportionate snarling glory in the form of (more or less constructive)
anonymous bitching on a piece of paper.
I just found this note at the back of my head.
SOME PEOPLE OUGHTTA THROW OUT, SELL OR HIDE THE RIDICULOUS AMOUNT OF BOOKS, JUNK, TRINKETS AND SENTIMENTAL JUNK THAT IS EVERYWHERE ON THE LIVING ROOM FLOOR-- IN FRICKIN' PAPER BAGS -- FRICKIN EVERYWHERE. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF COMING HOME TO THIS, AND NO MISSY "I CAME HOME THREE MONTHS AGO" IS NO FRICKIN EXCUSE.
ONE DAY SOON YOU'LL REGRET THAT YOU WERE TOO LAZY TO MOVE ALL THAT @£$€@ OFF THE FLOOR. THERE WILL BE DUST, SQUALOR AND EMBARRASSMENT AND BOY WILL YOU EVER BE SORRY THEN. HA!
I'M JUST SAYING. SINCERELY //Pissed Off
This really speaks to the minimalist in me, and truly, evidence that we are cousins. Wasted space is a terrible thing.
ReplyDeleteAdditionally: I have a strong desire to introduce the angry note to Americans. Do you think it would backfire?
Well, how's this for a solution: I moved all the furniture surrounding the bags of junk, but not the things themselves. So the room is roomier but the problem persists. Ain't that a conundrum ;)
ReplyDeleteAlso: Go for it! More angry notes to the populace!