09/02/2009

Waiting for something good to say

Now then. I've always been of the opinion that unless I'm inspired, amused by it or have something to say, I shouldn't write on my blog just because. I don't know about most of you, but I always feel a little extra intrigued when an infrequent blogger in my Google reader turns up with something - like getting a letter from an infrequently writing friend, be as it may. (So, I'm hoping for the same-ish? Yesirree check.)

At any rate, I'm not sure whether to call this writer's block, even if it's manifestering itself on several levels. The will or wish to write and produce is there, but actually conceiving something of qualitative reason or rhyme (be it on the blog, the thesis or the article almighty) has been ze obstacle the past few days. So I've let it rest, more or less. At least here on my little dark blue patch of vocab and little consistency.


Instead, I've gone about living a bit. After almost losing it during a high-pressure week (which was inaugurated with... a german metal concert??) I went about the business of turning comparatively older, i.e. 28 (which was about time and fun as all heck!! I celebrated with a tapas pot-luck dinner which was hilarious and delicious, not to mention a source of myriads of leftovers... what more could a girl want?).
Also, I have friends who give me pink and purple tulips. Do they have any idea how delirious with joy and appreciation that makes me??? I don't care if it's out of proportion. I have FIFTY-NINE of them! :D Eeeeeee!


Now really. I should look at this lack of writing productivity from another angle. Maybe I should embrace the likenesses between me & my cell-phone (zany metaphor time!). Charge the batteries first; then communicate, make noise and be generally boisterous. (Oui, my phone is boisterous.) And then re-charge again as needs arise. How I do tend to forget that last step... Stoop-ehd (as they pronounce 'stupid' in one province of the Philippines)

For lack of better excuses, let's say that either I'm still charging, or better yet almost finished. Now all I need is to get turned back on, and I'm all set to go about my business like it's nobody's (I'll risk that innuendo because I'm old enough not to care ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what's what, please.

Les visiteurs du monde

free counters

Feel free to leave a comment just about anywhere. Carry on.