28/05/2009

And then, there was Canada!

Beyond the confines of what you see here on this recently deserted blog, a tidal wave of interrelated events (involving a very delayed work permit freak-out) suddenly whisked me across the ocean via Iceland and deposited me on the banks of lake Ontario. To put it slightly pretentiously ;)

I am now a resident of Toronto, Ontario and this is what I've seen since leaving home:



View of Greenland, seen on the flight to TO. Mesmerizing. I think the couple next to me got a bit annoyed because I kept hogging the window with my new camera. It was worth it for this shot ;)



Downtown TO, on the way to work (the weather is honestly a bit disappointing right now... wonder if the people who work at the top of that building can actually see anything...)




My neighbourhood (opposite Holy Family Cath'lic school). Very calm area, save for the playground screams. Maybe that'll teach me to get to work earlier in the mornings.



The house I will live in until X-mastime or so. I live on the top floor (under the roof) and can see the CN tower from my window!

I share this nifty building with Cathy (who owns it), Anna (who is an animator from Jamaica and is inking the next Disney movie), Tracy (a redhead from Calgary who competes in roller derby) and Clemence (a publishing intern who comes from Paris, France). All very cool ladies, I can hardly believe my luck at having been deposited among such friendly and interesting people! :)

So that's where I'll be the nearest time. More photos and reports to come.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cessie,

    Lovely to see and hear about Your luck!
    I think I have the same view of Greenland in a previous shot I took many years ago and with all the ice-bergs "calfing" off from the glaciers into the ocean - truly mezmerising!
    PoK

    Pa

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what's what, please.

Les visiteurs du monde

free counters

Feel free to leave a comment just about anywhere. Carry on.