15/04/2008

Bass babe / risotto

For the record, I keep busy nowadays rehearsing a variety of spex-musical numbers for the 60th anniversary show of Chalmersspexet (called 'Tender Bar', where I will be appearing as 'the Mime' - i.e. I will say absolutely nothing on stage, but will wear black&white clownface makeup (very 1914's emo, yaaaargh!) do some background singing and dancing, and perform an interlude mime/tap number from 2003's production 'Mata Hari'.

But what tickles me most is that I get to sing the bass harmony of a nifty a-capella cover of 'Joseph Joseph' by the Andrews Sisters ...

If you like a good groove and little responsibility, it's so YEAH to have no other lyrics than 'bom, bom, bom, bom bom bom bom (et al.)...' with a big-band swing. I'll admit that I'm singing with some pretty nifty warblers (Hanna, Hannah, Helena, Åsa and Sofia) which ups the enthusiasm... :)

April 29th is showtime! Can't wait, it's going to be a crazy show. The best songs/numbers from 15 (!) different spex musicals have been strung together with a new storyline set in a bar...
Bom bom bom bom...

_____________

From beats to beets: on a more nutritional note, I cooked a super nice red-beet risotto for 20 people on saturday. It was very good and very very deeply pink.

You do like hence, K?

Hack'em red beets (a whole party of 5) and an onion into smaller-than-dice bits.
(People obsessed with speed may measure their progress in beets per minute, mooahahaha...)
Then throw them into the abyss (a casserole) with butter and wait until they go Ssss*sSSSsch!*ssss...
Do likewise with two handfuls of off-white arborio rice and stir until it looks like a rose-coloured ant invasion.
Finally, pour as many cups of veggie bouillon as number of beets over it all and boil it 'til it can't boil no more.

Is the good stuff, yes. Very.


(If anyone wants measurements - what do you take me for, a scientist? ;)

2 comments:

Tell me what's what, please.

Les visiteurs du monde

free counters

Feel free to leave a comment just about anywhere. Carry on.